Eldorado Canyon Lunch Horseback Riding Tour
All Inclusive Price: $129.00
Mount up with us and take a ride back through time to the place that, for decades, had a sordid history of notorious claim jumping, feuds and shootings during the wild days of it’s past. This tour offers horseback riding featuring views of the Colorado River. Along the trail you may even catch a glimpse of the local wildlife wandering the landscape. This area is filled with beautiful Joshua trees and other plants including cactus and yucca. The relaxing ride will put you in touch with nature like never before and take you back to a simpler time and much different way of life.
Explore gold and silver mines dating back to the 19th century. Miners’, Cowboys and Indians were the primary residents of this lawless land and on this horseback riding tour you will have the opportunity to visit some of their original homes and experience a re-creation of an “Old West Mining Town.”
The ride treks along paths that were originally used for mule driven ore carts that carried precious minerals to the river.
We’ll be riding on mountain terrain, surrounded by forests of cholla cactus, with towering, multicolored rock formations as the backdrop for this incredibly scenic tour.
From the vantage point of your horse, you’ll see old mines dating back to the 1800′s, and envision the back-breaking work done by prospectors over a century ago as they chased gold veins deep into this rugged mountainside. Learn how miners worked feverishly to find gold in the desert; chiseling their way through the mountainside inch by inch, with the most primitive of tools and working by candlelight.
The lunch stop at our Old West Town will take you back in time, featuring foundations from one of the original 1800s mining camps. Enjoy a delicious picnic lunch under a covered Pavilion, listening to the sound of a natural spring that furnishes precious water to all the desert wildlife in the surrounding area. This natural spring attracts a variety of desert wildlife including big horn sheep, and the kit fox, so look closely as not to miss the creatures that blend into the natural landscape of the desert.
For a break from the hustle and bustle of the city when visiting Las Vegas this is the best way to get it. Even though you’re only a few minutes from the city, you’ll feel like you’re a world and many years away from everything. It’s a wonderful experience that shouldn’t be missed.
1 Departure Daily:
Spring & Summer (May 15-Sept 14) 7:00 am
Fall & Winter (Sept 15-May 14) 9:00 am
- Round-trip Transportation
- Horseback Tour
- Gold Mine Tour
- Box Lunch
- All Equipment
- Bottled Water
- You will be picked up at your hotel in a comfortable, safe vehicle and transported to Eldorado Canyon.
- First up is a walking tour of the historical Techaticcup Mine.
- You will be greeted by friendly and experience wranglers who will provide you with a Safety Orientation before you start your trail ride.
- After your trail ride, you’ll return to our Old West Town and enjoy a delicious meal.
- Approximately 5 – 5.5 Hours Hotel to Hotel.
- You must wear shoes or boots, no open toed shoes or sandals are permitted
- Must be 8 or over.
- Under 18 must have Parent or Guardian sign paperwork in presence of employee.
- Child Policy: Child prices are not available, adult prices apply to all travelers
- Rain Gear is provided free of charge if needed during the tour.
- Helmets required (and provided) for under 18.
- Minimum 2 to operate tour.
We suggest you wear:
- T-Shirt or long sleeved shirt
- Long pants
- Hiking boots or tennis shoes (no sandals)
- Coat or sweater (weather dependent)
We suggest you bring
- Hat and sunglasses
- Backpack or waist pack
- Extra Bottled Water
- Guides are CPR and First Aid Certified
- Guides are ASI (ATV Safety Institute)Trained
- Guides are Tread Lightly Certified
- Basic First Aid Supplies are carried by Guide on all Tours
Hotel Pickup: Complimentary pick-up service available from most Las Vegas hotels. Please advise pick-up hotel at time of booking.
Eldorado Canyon Lunch Horseback Riding Tour
- Tour Length: 5.5 Hours: From Hotel Pickup to Hotel Drop off
- Days Available: Daily
- Tour Departure Times: 9:00 AM
- Child Price: $ 129.00
- Additional Details: Must be 8 or over. Under 18 must have Parent or Guardian sign paperwork in presence of employee.