Hoover Dam By Tour Trekker Tour
All Inclusive Price: $92.00
The Hoover Dam is considered one of the greatest engineering feats in the world. A total of 94 men lost their lives during the construction of this massive structure and today the Hoover Dam is a National Historic Landmark, Nevada’s number one sightseeing attraction, the tallest structure of its kind in the world, and one of America’s Seven Modern Civil Engineering Wonders.
Travel to the Hoover Dam in style and comfort aboard a luxury custom Tour Trekker. Your talented guide will share points of interest and answer all your questions along the way. You’ll truly appreciate the extra care and comfort you’ll receive on this tour.
Several areas of interest along the way include: historic Boulder City, beautiful Lake Mead (the largest man made body of water in the western hemisphere) and dramatic views of the Colorado River. At the dam you’ll see a live presentation on the Dam’s construction and history, and walk through the exhibit galleries and picturesque observation deck. Finally, venture down to the power plant to view the massive generators. The Hoover Dam Discovery Tour offers ample time for thoroughly exploring this National Historic Landmark and engineering wonder of the world. It’s sure to be a day filled with fun and excitement for all who attend.
- The following is a list of features that this tour includes.
- The US Department of Interior’s Discovery Tour, which includes a trip down inside the dam to view the massive powerplant.
- Abundant time to explore the many exhibits on your own, or have your guide show you seldom seen areas of interest around the dam.
- Tremendous photo opportunities of the Colorado River, and at the stunning Lake Mead overlook.
- Very common to see our state animal, the Desert Bighorn Sheep.
- Expert Narration throughout the tour by our professional tour guides.
- Sunscreen and hats recommended.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Contact wearers may want to switch to eyeglasses.
- Wear comfortable outdoor clothing.
- Children minimum age: 1-1/2 years old with parental supervision.
- Ice water provided on all tours: For your safety, no food and glass containers on tour.
- Remember camera and film.
You’ll travel in custom built 10-passenger Tour Trekkers, specifically built for sightseeing and off-road. These tours are small with personalized seating; only 10 guests per vehicle for a more comfortable, small group interactive experience. Professional trained guides will escort you throughout your tour ready to answer your questions and fill you in on all the flora, fauna, geology, and history of the Southwest. Many are uniquely qualified as Certified Interpretive Guides (CIG), a distinction that substantiates their commitment to advanced learning, teaching and stewardship.
Hotel Pickup: Complimentary pick-up service available from most Las Vegas hotels. Please advise pick-up hotel at time of booking.
Hoover Dam By Tour Trekker Tour
- Tour Length: 4 Hours: From Hotel Pickup to Hotel Drop off
- Days Available: Daily
- Tour Departure Times: 8:00 AM, 1:00 PM
- Child Price: $ 92.00
- Additional Details: Ice water provided on all tours: For your safety, no food and glass containers on tour. Children under 2 free. Tour runs daily (including Thanksgiving) Does not run on Christmas Day.